Monday, July 27, 2009

Friday Night Ice Cream Sandwiches

Friday, Jim and I went to Rice and Beans on 9th Ave, a brazilian restaurant we've been meaning to try for about a year. I'd have photos, but I ate everything before realizing to take a photo. It was awesome because I ordered the Feijoada (a stew of black beans, with pork loin, sausage, bacon, spare ribs, and cubed beef). It came with collard greens, rice, farofa (roasted yucca flour), orange slices, and hot sauce. Damn, I really wish I took a photo. Here's a generic one instead:



After dinner, we decided to get ice cream and go home, but I decided I'd mix it up and buy cookies to make ice cream sandwiches! Again, it was awesome. I think Ciao Bella has great flavors, but I'd like to see an ice cream manufacturer put out some really interesting flavor like salted caramel or olive oil or bacon, even. If you haven't had any of these kinds of ice creams, run out and try to find them RIGHT NOW. You are missing out. Don't be scared of these new flavors you chicken.



We bought Tate's cookies beacuse they're really crispy but still a tiny bit chewy. Also, because we always buy Tate's. (unless there are Peanut Butter Newman O's around)



PS. the secret to a good homemade ice cream sandwich is to let it sit for for a minute or two so the melt-y ice cream is soaked up by the cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment