Friday, July 24, 2009

Boi to go bahn mi for lunch

Today, I took and extra long lunch with the ladies. I bought my banh mi at Boi To Go with extra daikon, cilantro and sriracha. I had one yesterday and it was so awesome, I needed another one to add on this blog.

In case you don't know, banh mi is a vietnamese sandwich with pate, vitenamese ham, julienned daikon(moo) and carrots, and cilantro on a wonderfully crusty baguette. It's kinda the cool cheap eat in the city right now. People are sort of freaking out and punching themselves in the face arguing about where to get the best cheapest one.

People complain a lot about how this one is $8 and it has avocado, and REAL banh mi is like $3 and 'wtf is avocado doing on my sandwich'? But if you work in midtown, are you really going to haul ass to Chinatown on your lunch hour to save $4? Furthermore, I am of the opinion that avocado is welcome on all my sandwiches.




You know you want this Kevin Rhee.

No comments:

Post a Comment